Kids Bathroom Complete!

My little weekend makeover is complete. And right on schedule. Hooray!
After!
Here's the breakdown:

Light Fixture ($60 at Home Depot): I seriously dislike the Hollywood lights the builders used in the bathrooms. They're cheap, ugly crap. So, I replaced it with a REAL light fixture. It was a lot easier to remove that old fixture than I thought. And, though the new one included a trip back to Home Depot for different length screws, it was the easiest change with the biggest impact.

Wall Color (No cost): I'm pretty sure I liked that green color when I painted it on the wall three years ago but it started to look almost florescent during some parts of the day. No thank you. This aqua color is just as vibrant, but a little less electric. And it matches the new bike shower curtain. It took two coats to get the green covered. Plus, I had some "help" from the girls. Extra bonus: I had a gallon of this paint laying around the house, so no additional cost for the paint or supplies.

Before
The Mirror ($39 each at Bed Bath and Beyond): I really wanted to remove the huge mirror for a more custom and polished look. Little did I know it would be the hardest part of this whole project. Here's what happened: we took down the mirror and found all kinds of wall damage from the glue. That took some major patching. Then, I ran to Home Goods, thinking a set of matching mirrors are easy-peasy to find. Not so. Ended up finding these two at Bed Bath and Beyond and they're not quiet perfect for the space.

Also, I now have an enormous mirror in my garage and no idea how I'll dispose of it. Clearly, I didn't think very far ahead. For the next time, DO NOT remove the mirror until I have the replacements purchased. In fact, if I were to redo this project, I would have left the giant mirror in place.

I styled up the room with a few hooks, and little "houses" that I had around. And we're all super-pleased with the final result.

Would I like to replace the awful faucets, plastic tile and vanity? Yes I would. But that just wasn't in the budget. Maybe someday ....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project