'Heist Society' Audiobook Review

Audiobook: 'Heist Society' by Ally Carter
Ready by: Angela Dawe
Genre: YA Lit, Awesome!

I've been thinking about Ally Carter a lot lately because a) her new book comes out on the 22nd and b) I was talking to a 9-year-old friend who was looking for a new series to read. I directed her to Carter's Gallagher Girls series, but this is a good one, too.

So I guess I was a little predisposed to pick up an Ally Carter book when I was at the library last week. And while I read this book about 10 years ago (my first Ally Carter), my memory was fuzzy on the details of the story.

In a nutshell, Kat Bishop comes from a family of thieves. She makes an attempt to get out (as a sophomore in high school), but she's pulled back in to the family business when her dad is framed for stealing some priceless paintings from a very bad guy. AND there's a boy. A fantastic, perfect boy named WW Hale the fifth.

It's always more fun to have a narrator read the crazy accents and add their own inflections/emotions to the words. It makes the second time reading a story more dramatic. And this is such a great story. The whole way through I was trying to guess/remember what comes next. The Nick-twist is still the best.

Seriously, if you liked Oceans 11 or any heist-type movies/books, you can't go wrong with this book and series. And, really, Carter has yet to write a book I didn't completely love.

Grade: Green light

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project