Denver Reflections

Just got back from a long weekend in Denver for a work-related conference and visit with my sister. A little business, a little pleasure.

It was my first time in Denver. Here's what I thought.

- Downtown is really building up! There's construction everywhere and, though it's still a little rough around the edges, it's only going to get better.

- It's all pretty walkable, at least the downtown portion.

- There are pockets of yummy restaurants all over the city and they're easy to find. I loved Kitchen. And Snarf's had a fantastic veggie sandwich.

- In the four days I was there, I found three indie book stores, including a children's bookstore on Tennyson street. I can't think of another city I visited with so many indies bookstores.

- Red Rocks Amphitheater is a music church, as Ben Harper called it. I've been to a lot of big city venues, but nothing beats the views, the vibe and gazing at the stars while listening to a great band. This was on my bucket list of venues and now I can't wait for a reason to visit and see another show.

Convention Center with Rockies Beyond
The Blue Bear That Looks Into the Convention Center
I Made It! Red Rocks! 
The View From the Top Row. That's Denver in the Background. 
Ready to go back whenever!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year