It was my first time in Denver. Here's what I thought.
- Downtown is really building up! There's construction everywhere and, though it's still a little rough around the edges, it's only going to get better.
- It's all pretty walkable, at least the downtown portion.
- There are pockets of yummy restaurants all over the city and they're easy to find. I loved Kitchen. And Snarf's had a fantastic veggie sandwich.
- In the four days I was there, I found three indie book stores, including a children's bookstore on Tennyson street. I can't think of another city I visited with so many indies bookstores.
- Red Rocks Amphitheater is a music church, as Ben Harper called it. I've been to a lot of big city venues, but nothing beats the views, the vibe and gazing at the stars while listening to a great band. This was on my bucket list of venues and now I can't wait for a reason to visit and see another show.