Neighborhoods and Kitchens - Paris Friday Update

Where Will We Live? 

If you talked to me this week, you probably heard me babbling about Paris neighborhoods. We're looking at possible schools, timing commutes, touristy vs. non-touristy spots, and hoping to triangulate a few target neighborhoods. Our exploratory trip is coming up, so I want to have a list of arrondissements to walk through, along with schools and apartments.

Paris Arrondissements -- Study Up!

The Kitchen?

One of the most colorful stories our friends who lived in Paris told us was about their kitchen battle. It's unusual to find a rental apartment WITH a kitchen. And their rental didn't have a kitchen, just an empty room with some visible plumbing. Their tale of spending hours at Ikea France, waiting months to get delivery and installation, all the while using a patchwork rental kitchen really got me nervous.

How does one go about life with school-aged kids and no kitchen? I realize we're in a city with restaurants on every block, but yikes. That's a pretty big inconvenience.

But then I started thinking ... I have always wanted to redesign my own kitchen. I love the modern kitchens I see in the Ikea catalog with the open shelves above the counters, produce baskets hanging from the walls, and deep drawers for plates, bowls and other necessities. And now here was my opportunity to customize my own kitchen. In Paris!

If I know I'm going to get something like this (in a smaller space, I know), I might be willing to deal with the inconvenience.


This served as just a reminder to keep an open mind when things get bumpy. And they will surely be bumps coming my way.

That's the Friday Paris update. See you next week.



Related posts:
Pinterest: Decor I Adore
The Paris Move
All my Travel stories



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project