Monday at the Chateau - Paris Explore Trip

Dave had a work meeting at a chateau just north of Paris called Chateau de Mery. The GPS directions looked a little confusing, and at just under an hour, long. So I decided, though it would be awkward, I would tag along for the drive and for, well the Chateau that looks like Darcy's Pemberley. Seriously.

The drive up was just as you would expect, commuting in a city. And with trying to understand the GPS directions and read French road signs, was challenging. But we made it.

I started to research nearby attractions and found Maison de Van Gogh, as this area was very popular with Impressionists. But, oh my, it was the house he DIED in and that sounded too maudlin for a Monday. So I passed. Instead, I will sit awkwardly in the lobby, typing away on my laptop and try to look important/busy.

Meanwhile, a few yards outside of my work spot:

The Chateau From the Front

Yes, It's Got a Courtyard

Just a Quaint, Original Marble Hallway

So We're Meeting In Here Today ... Fresco Ceiling, No Big Deal
Seriously. Just a 16th-century chateau.

So this is the coolest business model. The company, ChateauForm, fix up these beautiful country chateaux, usually adding a modern outbuilding (like the one I'm currently typing in) and rent them out for corporate meetings and retreats. I could easily imagine a wedding here, as well.

At Chateau de Mery, the very gorgeous castle is used mainly for the meetings. And the modern building off to the side has the restaurant, small hotel, and more casual meeting areas. There are bikes, bocci ball and football (soccer) field and karaoke in the basement, to further promote corporate bonding.

I'm a big fan of the idea. Otherwise, some of these chateaus would just crumble and die.

Hmm .... I may have to buy one. Just a small fixer-upper.




Related posts: 

The Paris Move
All my Travel stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year