Loving My Packing Cubes

Taking a hint from my husband who travels quite a bit for work, I invested in some packing cubes and used them for the first time on our last Paris trip. And WOW they made all the difference!

I'm kind of a packing overthinker* (as this group of posts will illustrate). And I berate myself on every trip because I forget important/essential things or pack the worst shoes ever. All the time.

I also get nuts when I'm digging through my suitcase in a cramped hotel room looking for items "I'm SURE I packed... come on!"

I'm sure it's not just me. Packing is an art, not a science. And you just can't be prepared for every situation, no matter how hard I try.

But I've found these cubes give structure to the chaos in my suitcase. They make packing easier because I can categorize different items -- undies and socks, pjs, gym wear, shoes, etc. And repacking is a cinch.

I got mine on Amazon for $20! But you can find them pretty much anywhere. The Container Store has some really pricey ones that compress, however, I'm not sold on how essential that is. Honestly, all you want is the cubes to be somewhat translucent so you know what's in there at a glance. And I'd recommend mesh because of ... well ... smells.

There you go! My three-part packing strategy has been revolutionized! Not to mention the way I get the kids packed up for trips. Hmm. Maybe I need to invest in a few more.

Happy packing!

*huge understatement!



Related posts:
All those packing posts that make me sound crazy
Read more Travel posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project