The Louvre My Love

I had a quick errand up on the Champs-Élysées this week, so of course I headed down to the Tulieries garden and the Louvre -- because it's basically the reason I moved here. I love the Louvre.

The Pyramid of the Louvre
If you've never visited the Louvre, here's one thing you need to know ... it's too big to get in to one photo. I'm serious. In most photos, you get the I.M. Pei pyramid, or one of the towers. But, no, you have to get above it to see the whole thing. That's how massive it is.

Click To Make Image Larger
You feel almost swallowed up by it when you first approach it from the Tuileries gardens. It's overwhelming, and that's how it's meant to be. Total sensory overload.




It was a gloomy, chilly and grey day on Tuesday when I was there. But made from some good photos, I think.

I haven't picked a day to get in there and start wandering the Louvre collections. Will report back when I do. I fear that once I enter, I may never find my way out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year