Hanging Pictures My Way

There's about 3,000 different ways to hang a gallery wall on Pinterest. The tips include using laser-levels and cutting cardboard/craft paper -- hanging those first to figure out positioning.

Awk.

Well, I am not in it for the precision. I like the casual feel of hand-arranged frames on a wall. If I attempted to measure and make it uniform (like I did on the record album wall), any irregularity would drive me nuts-o.

Before: A Newly-White Wall
So here's what I do: start on one side of the wall and hang the big frames first. I attempted to make them about the same distance apart, but I just eyeball it.

I do use a level to make the frames straight -- I'm not that sloppy.

Then I fill in with the smaller frames. The key is to use the same black frame/white matte combo. Then they look cohesive no matter how they are hung.

After: A Wall of Growing Girls, With Room For More
I ordered a bunch of newer photos to add to the wall in an 8x10 size. So I'll be filling in a few places here and there over the next few months.

Is it perfect? Nope. But it does have that natural feel that pretty much sums up my whole house.




Related posts:

More decorating stories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project