Strippers and Bunk Beds

I've started the project of stripping off the white paint of the bunk beds my sisters and I shared when we were kids. When we were little, the beds were a dark wood stain. But since, my mom freshened them up with white paint. Call me nostalgic, but I want to see them the way they once were.

A few weeks ago, I picked up a citrus-based stripper and other supplies at the hardware store. I wanted something not-so-toxic, since kids will be sleeping in these beds. And with one layer of paint, there's really no need for highly-corrosive strippers. 

I started the project this weekend, and still not sure what exactly I'll find under the paint. I'll strip and sand and hope for the best.

Stripping the Bunk Beds - One Bed at a Time
If the paint is stubborn, I'll just repaint. Alice has requested the color lavender. 

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project