Ribolita Without a Picture

Pictures in cookbooks are essential. I need a visual goal of what I'm cooking, especially if it's something new.

And the more lovely and artistic the picture, the better.

This week I attempted a recipe sent to me via the hubby. It came from the The New York Times, and printed as a PDF, it had no image. But the many beans and veggies in the recipe followed my ongoing goal of EAT MORE PLANTS, so I attempted it.

It was kind of like cooking without a net. Does this look right, I kept asking myself. Maybe? Keep going.  

Here's the link to the Ribolita recipe (there's a picture on the website) and here's what it looked like in my bowl. It was the perfect winter soup! Delicious.  




Related posts:
More cooking posts 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project