Look Who's a Plant Lady!

I have always loved plants and grew up around a ton of houseplants. 

But, sadly, I've got no green thumbs. And along the way, I've lost my plant-caring confidence. I kept killing so many plants! Through neglect, extended vacations, over-watering, etc. I just couldn't keep much alive and thriving. 

Lately, though, I think that might be turning around. Since returning from Paris and adding plants I've read are hardy, I've killed a lot less houseplants than I ever. 

And in just the last few months, I added three BIG guys into the mix of Pathos and Spider plants which I can definitely keep alive! 

This is a ZZ plant. It's new and still settling in. 


Agleonemas with a pretty variegated leaf. I am feeling especially optimistic about this one, as you can tell from the giant pot I have it in. I'm hoping it gets really big and bushy. 

This one is called Monstera and it tops most lists as the easiest to keep alive. Well, we'll see about that. But it's very tall and dramatic, don't you think? 

I'm not 100% sure what this one is. I found it at Loews for $14! Maybe it's a Bird of Paradise? And I just happened to find this perfect basket to house it in. 

This African violet is not new. It's one of a few that we have around the house because they were special to my Great-Grandma... so I will always have an African violet in my house. Isn't it lovely? 

So I guess we'll see what happens to these plants in the future, but for now, I'm excited to see them around the house every day. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project