Kitchen Design Concepts

I've looked at a lot of design inspiration photos for kitchens, and given the style of the house, my "modern colonial" theme, and what I think will last the next decade, this is the two directions I'm considering for the new kitchen: 


I'm really drawn to the green, white and black option. The butcher block counters, the bold floors and subway tile on the wall is just the modern statement I want to make, but simple so hits that colonial vibe.

On the other hand, bright white would give me the light and airy kitchen that sitting in the middle of our home -- with no direct sunlight -- would need. I also really love those slate black floors. 

So, I ordered a few samples of tile. And looking at a ton more pictures to get my direction. 

I also worked up a few sketches for our contractor to piece together some estimates, and some inspiration images so he knew where we were going. Because our next step is getting the COSTS and deciding if all of this is actually realistic. 

Anyway, here are the sketches I sent to the contractor ... 

 And our general vibe: 


And here's the Pinterest board link again, in case you want to take a peek at where my brain is sitting. 

So, wish us luck as we get the numbers and figure out our next steps. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project