Faux Tile Backsplash

During our kitchen renovation, our walk-in pantry got outlets! (Nope, there were no outlets in there before -- crazy, right?!) 

That was a huge addition to this wonderfully useful room that houses all our small appliances and servingware, like bowls and glass jars. We can now use those small appliances in the pantry, rather than carting them out to the kitchen counter. 

It's on the list, at some point, to replace the Formica countertops, laminate floors and add a backsplash in here, but not at this time. So I painted the room this moody blue and came up with a FREE solution to the backsplash. 

Chalk pen! 

This was too easy. I got a level and a scrap board and made horizontal lines along the wall with a white chalk pen. Then, added horizontal lines to connect.

Voila! 

It was really just as easy as that. 

The best part, it's all chalk, so if I decide I don't like it or want to try another design, I just wipe it off with a wet sponge. 

There's nothing I appreciate more than a free project. 

When our contractors say it, they really thought I had tiled in the pantry. They were amazed it was fake. 

Mission accomplished! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project