It took the painters two days and some really tall ladders to get the family room out of beige and into the LIGHT! Wow what a difference it has made to this space.
|Before - Beige and Beige|
The painters also painted the baseboards and trim. There was some concern about the blue wall, but they handled it beautifully. (Ugh, that fireplace looks even more terrible.)
|White Goes On! The Navy Wall Now POPs with Drama!|
The Behr paint was low-odor, so I didn't need to worry about all of us living in the terrible smell. Since it is February, I couldn't leave the windows open all day.
|After - The Corner All Spiffed Up|
I even got to vacuum the accordion shades while they were down and you would not believe how WHITE they look now. I really thought they were beige, too! Now, they look more ivory. It's some kind of decor miracle.
One more thing about the curtains: the top curtains run on batteries to roll up and down. Those batteries have been dead since we moved in, so they've never worked. (As previously mentioned.) So I ran out and got 40 AA batteries and changed them out before the painters reinstalled the curtains. Feeling pretty optimistic, I dug up the remote control, instructions in and hand, ready to open and close them ... and .... nothing.
I think the remote is totally dead. Because none of it works. Sigh. A call to Hunter Douglas will be in order this week.
More paint project posts