Halloween Art Project - Plywood Silhouettes

Most of my DIY projects are inspired by what I have laying around the house. I don't like to throw out perfectly good materials. I had this extra plywood from a project my husband finished and had a fun, FREE idea for a Halloween craft... Spooky Halloween Silhouettes!


Here's the step by step ...

1. I found three pieces that were imperfect squares and spray-painted them with white primer that I had in the garage.




2. Then, I researched spooky silhouettes on Pinterest. I traced them directly off the computer monitor at the size I needed for the plywood frames. I found a crow, witch and owl. Then I cut them out using a sharp scissors.




3. I cut them out and taped the paper to the boards, covering any of the board I didn't want painted.

4.  Then, while standing directly above and holding the paint can down, I brushed paint across the open areas. I quickly learned the trick was to get the paper wet with the paint first, to help hold it down. I applied a thick layer of navy paint. (Navy, because that's what I had!)


5. Once done, I quickly pulled off the white paper, so nothing dried and stuck. And this is what I ended up with!


Quick, easy and FREE Halloween decorations for the house.

Happy Halloween!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project