Hello NY! Goodbye Girls

View From Our Hotel Room
I tagged along with David this weekend on a work event in NYC. We took advantage of Nana being nearby and enjoyed our first weekend away together in a very long time. 

It's weird to think of NYC as going home, but getting back to the familiar after a year of learning my way around a new place felt just like that. I had a list of people to see and places to visit.

No. 1 on my list: SLEEP IN. Dave's company put us up in the Waldorf Astoria in Midtown. A gigantic hotel perfectly located with incredibly comfortable beds. And with no kids for the weekend, I wasn't getting out of the bed until I was absolutely ready.

We met up with a bunch of friends, and all had stories of Hurricane Sandy and the snow storm. We walked, we shopped, we ate some great meals (though, no pizza this time). We felt lighter without the kids. And it's been a long time since we had a full day in NYC with nothing to run home to, no meetings to attend and a hotel in the City to collapse in at the end of the day.

Purl Store in SoHo
On Saturday night I hit the MET just before it closed while Dave got ready for his event. As big as that building is, I still know my way around and visited some old friends -- like Marie, Degas' 14-year-old dancer.
An Old Friend, a Statue by Degas
It was an absolute perfect weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project