Reading Like a Fiend in the In-Between

When I planned for this likely two months of transition time -- going from one house to the other and staying in a vacation spot that isn't ours -- I thought I might take up something like jogging or yoga. Especially given the stress of this housing market and being away from everything normal. 

But ... the hills around this cabin are mountainous and I can't be left alone long enough for a good yoga class. I also didn't factor in that, yes, I'm working full-time and have a bunch of important work projects I'm committed to getting done. (Plus, happy news, I really love my job.) 

So, to distract myself from waiting (I'm not all that patient) and help relieve a bit of stress, I've been picking up book after book. 


Here's the cool thing about living in someone else's vacation house -- no house projects. Nothing to paint, no DIYs to accomplish, no landscaping to do, nothing. The girls don't need me to drive them anywhere. The dogs are pretty routine. Nothing. And I'm trying to lean into that, as I get more anxious about getting into our new house, and take advantage in this transition time to do something I like AND distracts me. 

I'm reading like a fiend, on my Kindle and paperbacks. In fact, I bought a bunch of "beach reads" paperbacks that I can leave here for our friends. Every vacation home needs a little romcom library, right? Right! 

So far, I've gotten through ... 

  • Second First Impressions: A Novel by Sally Thorne
  • The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
  • Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo
  • Shipped by Angie Hockman 
  • A Cuban Girl's Guide to Tea and Tomorrow by Laura Taylor Namey
And, honestly, I've enjoyed each book. RomComs are the best minivacations! And Rule of Wolves is the 7th book in the Greishaverse I've read and they just keep getting better. Every book finished feels like a mini-accomplishment and I could sure use all the wins I can get.

Not to mention, there seems to be a large amount of quality romance fiction out there (I refuse to use the term "chicklit" thankyouverymuch) and my To-Read pile grows by the title. 

Let's just say, I'm adequately distracted for the next three weeks until we close on the new house. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project