I Don't Like Wall Murals, But ...

 but ... I painted one anyway. 

The black Chalkboard Paint is still drying 

I know! I watch HGTV and I'm always yelling at the designers to NOT PAINT that mural. UGH. It's awful. But this little corner of the basement near the bottom of the stairs just NEEDED a little style and I hadn't really thought of the full concept of this whole basement (this was before the water/hurricane Ida catastrophe) and I really wanted to be fun and bold and creative. 

Alice I picked the colors and away we went! 

Here's the tape .... 


And the first coat ... 


This corner was going to be the little gym nook, but I decided to squeeze the pool table in here so we could have more space in the media/TV area. So, now, this cool mural will be over that pool table (that we moved with just the four of us and snapped off two legs in the process ... but that's another story). 

It will be fun! We'll keep score on the chalkboard and I'll hang a cool light fixture over the whole thing that coordinates and it will look cool and intentional.

When we get to it. The basement is just a project that keeps on giving. 

Maybe I like murals now? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project