Skip to main content

Currently Digging Early 2024 Edition

I haven't done one of these is quite a while! What some of the things I'm currently loving or using or excited about? Here's what comes to mind ... 

Nike Air Max shoes -- these are my new favorite shoe obsession. I bought a pair in San Francisco while on vacation this summer, that I wore the rest of the trip, including the two days I was at Disneyland. Let me tell you ... my feet, knees and hips have never been happier. They're super cute but they're also amazingly comfortable. I can stay on my feet for so much longer than any other shoe. I wore them last time I traveled and stood in the security line for 45 minutes and my feet never hurt. I love them so much that I've got my eye on my next pair. Maybe I'll be a sneaker-head!  

New bras from Lively -- this month I decided to trash all the bras that are falling apart or uncomfortable and replace them with new ones -- what a way to start the New Year! I tossed 5 bras and bought 6 more from Lively during a giant sale and some coupons I found. I am soo happy to have comfortable bras for the new year. Highly recommend. 

Puzzle Tray -- It's puzzling season for me and I am loving this awesome puzzle tray Dave got me for Hanukkah. Imagine setting up a puzzle then deciding you need the table for something else? Gah! In the past, I just had to rock through that puzzle super fast. But now, I can move the tray below the table or elsewhere to keep puzzling. It's a game changer! 

Egg and Rice Cookers -- I bought Dave a little egg cooker and the family a little rice cooker for Hanukkah this year and they're such happy additions to our kitchen. Dave eats a lot of eggs in a week. And I've gotten addicted to med-boiled eggs warm right off the cooker for lunch. And rice is my least favorite thing to cook, because I tend to burn it badly. This rice cooker is accurate 100% of the time and cooks just enough for a side dish. I'm hoping the girls will use them more often, too. 

Ink & Volt Planners -- this is always in my list in January, but I love organizing my thoughts, plans and life in these planners. This is the fourth year I've bought this planner and I love the layout, the thoughtful focus questions that I can answer or ignore and sketch out my packing list. This year, I'm going to use highlighters in my lists. Ink & Volt website


What I'm shopping for ...

As usual, I'm on the hunt for a variety of things that I hope will turn into things I'm obsessed with. Starting with ... 

The ultimate carry-on bag -- lots of travel this year, so I want to find the most organized, perfectly-sized, pockets-galore, cleanable, fit-under-seat, water-bottle ready ultimate carry-on tote. Instagram has been serving me ideas for days but I have yet to find one. Also, I have plenty of totes around the house, so I've got my eyes peeled. 

Eye compression heated -- my optometrist recommended I use a compress at night to help with my morning watery eyes. I need one that holds heat for a the whole 10 minutes it needs to stay on my face. Amazon has a plug-in version but not sure I want to make that investments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.