Lighting Up the Dining Room

Let's talk lighting. 

I love the chandelier over the dining room table. I love how it's long and black, and pulls the color of the cabinet and also the shape of the table. It also matches the rest of the house chandeliers and eventually the one that will hang in the foyer. 

But a secondary light source is needed. 

I briefly considered tall lamps on the black buffet cabinet, but that felt dated and will take up space. Not deal for this space. So sconces it is!  

I searched for scones that were wired. But then I found this pretty cool innovation -- sconces that used LED puck lights on a remote. 

I found these on Amazon for $50 for the pair. And they felt fight. A little goosenecked. A little rounded for interest. And super-easy to install. No wires. No wiring. 


Perfect! And they arrived in a few days. 

As far as location, I'm taking inspiration from our kitchen, and putting them up above the ledges. Centered off center. 

Now they're up, I'll mention the lights are REALLY DIM. I may look for another wireless light bulb that's a little brighter. But for now, they look GOOD. 

Wait until you see this GREEN Color! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project