My Homemade Pizza

Every week for the last few years I've been making pizza for Pizza Thursday. Occasionally, it's from a box. But usually it's homemade.

At first, I was focused on perfecting the dough. If I have time, I'll make the dough from scratch the night before. I have a no-fail recipe that uses half whole wheat flour and sits in the oven (turned off) where it will rise until the next night, when I'm ready to bake it.

My backup is the whole wheat dough from Trader Joe's -- which I consider a staple. There's always a bag of dough in my freezer. It's pretty delicious. And I pre-cook it, so it's extra crispy once we top and cook it.

Lately I've focused on toppings and adding a lot of veggies. I've read there's nothing you can't put on a pizza and I'm starting to test that theory. Most recently, baby spinach. Delicious! And this week I threw on sliced tomatoes. I love when they get all soft and juicy. Fantastic. The experimentation continues. 

Anyone Want a Piece of Pizza? 
Come by and I'll cook you up a pie.



Related posts:

More about my quest to cook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project