I'm a Quilter!!!

I've always wanted to make a simple patchwork quilt -- and maybe work up to "real" quilting someday. I put it on my New Year's Goals for 2014.

So I bought a bunch books and magazines, consulted my professional quilter Grams, and visualized the step by step process of assembling and sewing the squares. All over the last six months, at least. I know, I'm a bit strange when it comes to these things. I've also been slowly collecting the various supplies.

Tonight, I finally buckled down to create. My goal: a simple patchwork of squares, just to get the basic principals down. I tucked the girls in bed and got cutting. I thought I'd only get as far as the squares, but had time, so I sewed them together. I made a bunch of mistakes (that's what seam rippers are for) and figured a lot out. Before I knew it, I was sewing in the bunting and backing fabric. 

Here she is!!!


She's not the prettiest quilt on the block, and the fabrics don't line up (design-wise or seam-wise) as much as I'd like them to, but it was a good beginner try. 

The last step will be to get some blanket binding to go around the outside. I used what I had laying around on another prioject. Probably in the color Pink!

What do you think, Grams?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project