My First Attempt at Crown Braiding

I love the look of a crown braid, and now that my hair is getting longer, I thought I might be able to do it. It's SUPER THICK so, if I can get it right, the braid will be voluminous and fetching. 

Jess, a cute blogger who posts pretty pictures, wrote up a tutorial this week so I had to try it. 

Awk. It's a lot harder than it looks. I don't have the manual dexterity to braid behind my head. But, I suppose, if I continue to practice, my little fingers might be able to figure it out. 

Here's my first attempt: 

It Started Out Pretty Well
And It All Fell Apart Around the Back
Those little bitty clips are helpful to hold the braid together. Maybe I'll try with wet hair next.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project