Desperately Seeking Shoe Storage

Today's project was to add shoes storage to our laundry room. I don't know about you, but this family of four has a ton of shoes. A ton.

So, I cleaned out the space by the door, scrubbed the (ugly) tile ....

BEFORE: Space Not Well Used
And installed an inexpensive chrome shelf. And because the wall was in such poor shape, I slapped a coat of sea blue paint that I rejected for Leah's room years ago. And even cut and added some of the floor tile from the old house -- to finish off the corner.

AFTER: Shelf, Shoes and Re-usable Grocery Bags
This is just the beginning of the plethora of shoes that will be going on this shelf. And I've got to install a hook or two, but this is how it looked tonight. 

Brief Aside: I accidentally cracked the light switch plate while removing it. Oops! Add that to my Home Depot list. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project