Monday, July 14, 2014

Turning the Bunk Beds Pink

This weekend's painting project (because it's summer and I have to be painting something!) is to tackle my childhood bunk bed frames. I started the project back in October with the plan to strip them back to their wood-finished glory. But after some work with a sensitive stripper (heh) and sander, it became clear that I wasn't going to get all the white paint off. Not to mention all the nooks and crannies that were impossible to work with.

So, I got some fantastic (low VOC) primer and pink paint called Honeysuckle and got to work.  Pink because these bunk beds are going into Alice's room and she insisted on pink. And my only requirement was a bright (!) color. If I had my way, they would have been a sunny yellow, but they're not going into my room.

BEFORE: The Frames After Torturing Them With Stripper and Sanding
I got the first bed finished by Sunday afternoon. And I'm clearing next weekend to finish the second set of frames -- and checking this project off my to-do list.  

AFTER: They Are Really Pink, People!

Maybe she'll let me paint the ladder a sunny yellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment