Day 1: Plans for Being Home

Today is my first day of unemployment.

I gotta say, I underestimated how quiet it would be around the house. I've been playing Amazon Music stations on Alexa in the kitchen as I've been getting to my various tasks for the day, but it's still pretty lonely.

Anyway, there's so much that I want to get done in the next two weeks, I'm not really thinking too much about the solitude. Besides, I have the dogs to talk to ... when they're awake.

I've been working on new lists and looking over house project lists that I've made in the past. I'm this-close to creating a spreadsheet or Gantt chart! There's just so much I want to accomplish.

So, here I am: Brimming with time and anxious to get so much done that it makes this all worth it. As I see it, I've silently asked my family to put up with a little less income for a while, so I owe it to them to work my hardest to make that sacrifice worth it.

I'm starting with smaller reorganization projects in the kitchen and office -- with the target of making the house more functional. If you know me, you know that I hate when spaces are not used to their maximum usage potential. If I open another cabinet and have all the tupperware spill out, I'll lose my mind.

Then, there are painting projects, furniture projects and decluttering that are in the plans, as well. I'll chronicle as much as I can here.

Day 1 and I'm just so excited to dig in and go go go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year