Jersey Things To Do...

It occurred to me on the drive to the farm for eggs (I missed the farmer's market on Saturday ... and farm-fresh eggs just taste better!) that there are a few special places in the area that I really want to visit before we skedaddle.

Here's my working list (and, yes, I'm fully aware of what a geek I am):

- The Thomas Edison Lab: you can walk the lab Edison actually used to make all the cool stuff we take for granted -- phone, tv, movies! And it's just 20 minutes down the road in West Orange. Not sure what I'll do with the kids while I totally indulge my nerd side, but don't think I'll let it stop me.

- George Washington's Headquarters in Morristown: Again, just 20 minutes away is the winter camp that housed General Washington and his army during the Revolutionary War. You can walk around the estate he stayed and strategized. I'm not a crazy Revolutionary War buff, but how can you not see that?

- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: My own mecca -- a place I have visited dozens of times and no longer get lost in, I will miss being close to this magical place. I especially loved to visit this special girl (though, she belongs to Degas). I absolutely must introduce her to Leah and Alice.

- Statue of Liberty: Another impressive lady I'd like the girls to meet.

- Liberty Science Center: Just never have gone. Probably should take the kids.

- Crayola Factory: Located in Penn., this kid's haven was the site of Leah's biggest and most public tantrum (at age 3). I'd like to go back and replace that memory with a good one. And get the biggest box of crayons ever.

As luck (heh) would have it, public school has a bunch of days off from now until Thanksgiving -- so I have ample time to squeeze a few excursions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project