Meet the MET

On this unseasonably warm day, the family jumped into the car early and checked out the Metropolitan Museum of Art (listed on my post about places to visit before we move).

I have always wanted to take advantage of the classes they have for kids, so we participated in the 11:00 Start With Art program targeted to 3-5 year-olds.

Before meeting up with the class, we walked through the Greek and Roman galleries and Alice was amused by all the "tushies."

The MET is someplace I have visited many times. If you visited me (pre-kids) I likely dragged you to the MET. I had several of the wings memorized. And I'm continually awed by what is there. This is the first time I've taken the kids there, and it was definitely memorable. They were very good. Showed interested in the art we pointed out to them and had some fun things to say about the little things they notice. But, being so little, they only lasted a very few hours. We didn't get to see all my favorite things, but we did find Degas' ballerina statue -- a very very favorite of mine. And Leah, having studied a little art in preschool, requested to visit the Jackson Pollack paintings. Which we did.

Sigh! Maybe we should have moved into the City instead. Then we could hang at the MET every weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project