Birthday Week

Big things are afoot in Illinois.

This week is Birthday Week -- a 7-day celebration of Leah and Jessica's birthdays (a mere 30 years and two days apart).

Leah's big day fell on our Passover Seder, so we had candles 'n cake after we finished our matzah ball soup and brisket. She started her day with a 10-clue scavenger hunt all around the apartment to find her gifts. So much fun!

For Jessica's (my) big day, we had a great dinner at the Shanty and ice cream cake from Oberweis. Then it was Biggest Loser night, but Conda wasn't thrown off, like I would have liked. I made some new year resolutions that I'll no doubt break, but at least I thought them through. A good year ahead, I think.

Meanwhile, this is my last week home with the kiddos. I start work Tuesday and our life goes back to dual-working parents and kids in full-time day care. Which will probably stabilize us a bit more in this rocky transition, since it's exactly what we're used to.

I had a laundry list of items I wanted to complete, from painting the bathroom to getting my Illinois drivers license. But, due to this Birthday Week, I may not be able to check off too many items. (The bathroom is going to be awesome, I can't wait to share the plans.)

Leftover ice cream cake is calling me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project