Playset Purchased!

After weeks of shopping around, it was finally time to make the big purchase; a playset for the backyard. 

We had been pricing them and listing playset requirements for weeks. Leah and Alice requested rock walls, fireman's pole, tire swing and monkey bars. And, going off some advice from a friend with older kids, we wanted a 5-foot platform and "club house" play area to hang out in. I also wanted to avoid looking at an eye-sour for the next decade; it had to be pretty!

Come Over and Play!
 Also, the backyard isn't huge, so there's not room for a massive set. 

At first, we really liked one we found on a website. It was cute, had lots of small play areas, and seemed to fit our backyard. But on further investigation, it was a kit and offered no help to install it. Dave had a few moments of lunatic bravery, and offered to put it together himself. While he could probably do it, in 4 or 5 days, I'd rather have a professional with experience and a guarantee. My kids will be swinging off of this thing!

We nixed that idea. 

Meanwhile, we decided to put Leah's birthday party on hold until the playset arrives and when Grandma and PopPop are in town in May. Which put pressure on us to finally make a decision and order the set. It will take 3-4 weeks to ship and install. 

On my birthday, I decided it was time to end our search and make a decision. Because, having this playset is as much a gift for me (get them outside and outta my hair!) as for them. So we headed to the local showroom, played around and went into the office to wheel and deal. I was so excited they were running a special on the real wood roofs, which were about the same price as the tarp -- but loads prettier. This is the playset I want to look at out of my window all year around. Happy day! 

Now fingers crossed that it arrives in time for the May visit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project