Time to Finish With Karou and Akiva

Have You Read It? 
Back in 2011, one of my favorite authors released the first book of her new trilogy called Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

Oh man, I was in love.

Karou = kick ass girl with a squishy center. Akiva = conflicted, sensitive warrior. Beautifully-written and all-consuming. You don't read the books so much as tip yourself into the time/place of the plot and get completely lost.

Now the third book, Dreams of Gods and Monsters, has been out for the last year. Of course I got it the week it released in hardback, because somethings I just won't wait for. And I dove in and read it like crazy until ... I got to the middle of the book ... and things started to tie together. And I thought... this is the last book I get with this story and these characters? Oh no.

I put it down. I just wasn't ready to finish this series.

Is it just me? I get way too invested in characters and stories. I should seek some kind of counseling/book club with those with a similar affliction.

Anyway, I picked it up again last night. After staring at it longingly on my bedside table for the last few months.

It's time.

Let's see how this all ends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Books Read ... So Far This Year