Happy Strawberry Day

A few years ago, I decided that we would start a new holiday called "Strawberry Day" and while I've not been super-great at observing each year, I still love fresh-picked strawberries any day. 

You don't have to observe it on the same day each year, since the strawberry season shifts depending on weather. All you need to do is find a morning and a farm and pick a few buckets of these little gems. Then, when you bring them home and wash them ... eat as many as you can until you get tummy aches. Maybe whip up fresh cream to dip them in. Or some yogurt. Or find a good homemade ice cream recipe. And when you've eaten all that you can, freeze the rest for the best smoothies you'll have all year.

This year, we got to the farm to pick strawberries and I was in my glory. The sky was dramatic, the berries were huge and I got pink stains on my shoes and it all made me so happy. 

Nothing tastes better than fresh strawberries in July. 





Happy Strawberry Day! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project