The New Kitchen Table Dilemma

We've owned our Crate and Barrel kitchen table since the year Leah was born ... that's 13 years. It's a white pedestal table and we've moved it from New Jersey to Illinois and Illinois to France and back.

We've had infants learn to eat at this table, big family dinners, I've created all kinds of crafts, colored a million pictures. And scrubbed it a million times. I even successfully removed hot pink nail polish from it. It's been all things to us and it will always have a special place in our hearts.

But ... the time has come to replace it.

It's stained and chipped and doesn't ever look clean anymore. It wobbles when the leaf is in.

Wayfair Valerie table has long been a favorite. It's got this rustic, slightly modern with a little traditional in the legs. And the driftwood color is a gorgeous neutral.


But I really like this Pier 1 table, as well. I like the idea of legs under the table, so it's easier to push in chairs and not trip over legs. There's this color, which might be too yellow. And a natural stonewash color that I really like.


However, I've had a few DIY bloggers talk about their kitchen table thrift store finds and I'm intrigued at the idea of rescuing a sturdy, vintage all wood table that I can refinish and relove.

But there's a few big things holding me back from making this purchase.

1 - we may tackle the kitchen renovation in late 2020 or 2021 and I don't want to be handicapped by a new kitchen table that I need to match with. I've got a clear idea of what I want, today, but I want the flexibility to change my mind. And not do something just because it matches the table.

2 - I have soooo many tables in my house, do I really want to introduce YET another one? I'd like to keep this white one and use it in the basement, mostly for sentimenal reasons, but I have my Mom's old dining room table already in its spot. So I need to make some hard choices about what stays. One in, one out should be the motto.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project