Skip to main content

What I'm Diggin This December

Here are a few of my favorite things this December!
Bruce and His Bullymake Toy

Bullymake - Bruce the puppy has been eating EVERYTHING in the house. We can't leave him for even a few minutes. He digs through garbage and jumps onto his hind legs and noses around on tables and the counters. He'll eat paper, cardboard, plastic bags, dish towels, it's NONSTOP. I went into the pet store to find more toys that will withstand his chewing, and keep him interested. The store guy suggested antlers (done) and this service called Bullymake. It's a subscription service that sends a box of indestructible toys and treats once a month. We even found a coupon code that gave us one month for free and a deal for the next three boxes. But they're generally the same price as a deer antler, so it seems worth it.

SleepNumber Beds - After 10+ years we finally decided to ditch our old mattress. The mattress was bought on discount at an outlet and strapped to the top of our Suburu Outback and driven home -- YES with one hand out the window to "hold it down." So the fact that it lasted over a decade is pretty thrilling. But we really wanted to level-up our sleeping. (Dave wakes up often at night and I wake up with headaches. We're old!) We've been hearing good thing about Sleepnumber and we love how we can change the firmness, as we need. We got the standard mattress and didn't go crazy with the adjustable frame, so it was on par with some mid-line mattress brands. But it will last even longer. So far, it's been excellent, though it's take time to discover the Sleep Number that works best.

New Crop of HGTV Shows - specifically the two new couples renovation shows. "Buy or Sell" is a Minneapolis-based married couple who have a slightly-Scandi style and great Minnesota accents that make me homesick. And "Fixer to Fabulous" is based in Arkansas with a married couple who works on smaller timelines and design farmhouse-style spaces. Both are really pleasant shows with huge transformations. I record them and sneak up to my room in the evenings to enjoy. This is my zen time. 

My Car's Remote Start - I took over Dave's Jeep when I got the new job because it has the most miles. It's giant compared to little me but it's got one feature that I'm loving. When I walk out of the office, I can hit the remote start as I step out. The parking lot is on the far end of the building and the three-minute walk to the car allows it to warm up a bit (winter, hello!). I even programmed the seat and steering wheel to warm up when it starts. It's heaven.

So good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behold! Everard Blue!

Here's the After picture of our master bedroom now that the walls are a dark and moody blue. Maybe the best part is I was at work while the painters were here, so I walked in and found -- as if by magic -- the room no longer minty green but a bold blue. That's pretty awesome. They also painted the trim an eye-popping white, which I just love against this blue. And the angle is a dark beige-y, tan color that I hope goes with the headboard. I spent the evening cleaning and re-hanging the drapes, and moving the furniture back into position. It will be a while before I dare hang anything in here. I'm too in love with the walls to put too many holes in them right now. So, just in case I'm looking for this information later: The walls are "Everard Blue" by Benjamin Moore . And the tray is "Curly Willow" by Behr . Now, does that furniture look too dark against the walls or is it just me? And wouldn't a lighter wood or white look fabulous agains...

France and the Third Baby

Odd fact of the day .... The French government pays for a mother’s tummy tuck after the birth of her third child (you do have to have at least 3 babies to qualify). Found on this blog about raising kids in Southern France. Yes, I'm day-dreaming again. Related posts: All the fancy quotes My love of France runs deep, people

So Long, Hanukkah Part Two

And just as quickly it started (in New Jersey, on the night of Thanksgiving, no less), Hanukkah is over.  Our eight nights were full of fun and squealing! And lighting many candles, of course. We missed one night because we were in a hotel room after spending the whole day driving home from New Jersey -- and I just didn't have the wherewithall to pull out the menorah.  Speaking of menorah, we've replaced our old, wax-filled menorah with this lovely silver beauty given to us by David's mother. It belonged to her mother and sat in the dining room for years. Isn't it pretty?! And, the wax cleans off it much easier, so we're sure to hang on to this one for many Hanukkahs to come. I'm a sucker for traditions.  Here's some photos of the last two nights: Leah Lighting the Candles - in an Eli Manning Jersey, No Less Alice Lighting in a Top She Calls her Genie Shirt David Constructing the Cardboard Pirate Ship The Last BIG Gift? A Pirate...