What I Read in 2019

I was talking to my brother-in-law over Christmas and I said "I've read so many books this year, maybe 80?!" And he was shocked. He couldn't imagine it. I was flattered by his amazement but then I kept thinking about the number. That's gotta be too high, right?

So I went through my Kindle and Amazon account and tried to remember what I got out of the library. And, yeah, I overestimated by A LOT. Whoops.

I blame my lower than average list on my eyes ... especially at night the words tend to jump when I'm reading. I finally got cheaters in August and was able to resume my usual reading rate.

I read a lot more romance than usually. Most years it's a close 50-50 split, but there wasn't much new YA I got interested in. Also, I have no time for audiobooks like in past years, so that changes the list, as well.
  1. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn -- an old series that I'm now just picking up
  2. Bringing Down the Duke by Evie Dunmore -- cute! 
  3. Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey - not great
  4. Wicked and the Wallflower: Bareknuckle Bastards Book 1 -- the best rom series of the year, followed month later by ... 
  5. Brazen and the Beast: Bareknuckle Bastards Book 2 
  6. Coldhearted boss by R.S. Grey -- not great
  7. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren -- not great
  8. Repeat by Kylie Scott -- usually a favorite author, this one was not great
  9. Roomie by Christina Lauren -- not memorable 
  10. The Wicked King by Holly Black (The Folk of Air book 2 -- the second in the series, un-put-downable! Came out in January. Then...
  11. The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air book 3) by Holly Black -- the end of the series finally out in November. SOO GOOD!
  12. Muse of Nightmares (Strange the Dreamer Book 2) by Laini Taylor -- this was really 2019? This has been a tough book to get through, to be honest. 
  13. Love and Lemons Every Day by Jeanine Donofrio -- usually I don't include a cookbook, but I did enjoy reading the forward and her notes around the dishes. It's a beautiful book. 
  14. At Home by Bill Bryson -- I was fascinated by this book and his great writing and research. Perfect for a history nerd like me who loves odd facts. 
  15. King of Scars (King of Scars Duaology Book 1) by Leigh Bardugo -- was soo happy to get this book. It got a little long in the middle but a satisfying ending and good setup for the next book coming in 2020. 
  16. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
  17. Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great
  18. Superfudge
  19. Fudga-a-Mania 
  20. Double Fudge - All by Judy Blume and all read to Alice at bedtime. 
  21. A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir -- Gah! Didn't finish this one. It's so bloody and violent but I'm so deep into this series I can't stop now. 
  22. The Upside of Falling Down by Rebekah Crane -- not great
I'm also reread Lisa Kleypas' "The Hathaways" series, which is five books pretty quickly. It's one of my favorite series and it's been years since I read them. I might re-dive into her "Wallflowers" next. 

I've got lots of books planned for 2020. Happy reading!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project