Can I Add a Tile Project?

Do you remember the original plan for our laundry room?

It looked like this ... with hooks and penny tile on the wall behind the washer and dryer. I picked the penny tile because I wouldn't need to cut it and it's a pretty simple installation.

I thought it would look great! But the plan changed as the project went along -- as it always does.

(And if you missed that dramatic makeover, see the details here. It's a WOW!)

Ok, so just about a year later, here's the laundry room -- and it's looking GREAT -- but I have some leftover shiplap boards from the bathroom project, so I've been thinking of using it in the little nook behind the storage cubbies. A few hours would knock that project out. No biggie.

But, then I was thinking ... why stop there? Maybe I should also do a quick tile project on that wall, too! The peel and stick tile, while a good substitute, looks half-done.

Let's be realistic here. To do the tile, I'd need to:
  1. Move the little shelf higher, so I could add a trim piece connecting the two cabinets and making a "stopping point" for the tile. 
  2. Then buy pre-mixed thin set (not much) and the penny tile in white. 
  3. Install and grout. But work around the washer/dryer without moving them -- because that's where our floor project got off track. So not doing that again. 
My risks? It's messy, so I'll likely get thin set and grout glooped on the floor. And behind the washer dryer where I can't easily clean it. I'm also not that experienced with tile. I did a small floor in front of the fireplace and that's it. And while I think the little round tile might be easy, I'm sure there are going to be challenges. 

Also, I like the laundry room as it is now, with a few exceptions. Should I really mess with it? 

To tile or NOT to tile? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project