Skip to main content

Meet Pepper Potts

Dogs. Who knew I'd have so much fun with dogs?!

Since March, we've been volunteering to foster dogs through a neighbor's rescue group -- with an eye to maybe adopting, if they proved a good fit. Through the process, we meet a big black lab mix we named Bailey and a little Yorkshire terrier mix we called Chewie (short for Chewbacca). Both were sweet and slowly, over the course of their short stays, revealed a little of there unique personality. And it was rewarding and fun. Especially during quarantine and all of us being home. But none got along with Bruce well enough to keep forever. And they just didn't "feel" like the right fit. 

When we talked to Meghan, our neighbor who runs the rescue group, about Chewie not being the right fit, she mentioned she had the most adorable little puppies ... that would stay little. (Brief aside: She also thought Bruce was going to be very little, and he's pushing 30lbs! "I was so wrong about him!" she exclaimed the last time she saw him.) And she invited us to come meet them. 

So we raced up to her house and met the three puppies and fell instantly in love! 

They are dachshund and Yorkshire terrier mixes (with other things, I'm sure) and they were owner-relinquished in Georgia and came up with the last group of doggies. 

They were 9 weeks old, so we had to wait a WHOLE WEEK to pick her up on Friday, April 10th! (Lucky day!) and we've been getting to know her and loving the puppy kisses, snuggles and mischief.

I'm happy to report that she's a total star. We are head over heals in love with her. Totally. She sleeps in the bed with the girls (who are sleeping together during this quarantine) and usually makes it through the night.

And Bruce is getting along with her very well. They play and fight. And snuggle a little. It's a really sweet bond that's developing.

Pepper and Bruce.

Yes, I'm cleaning up little poops and pees around the house. She's way too young to be house training, but we're heading in that direction. In a month, we can start and I think with Bruce is will be a big help.

One more picture ...
 And one more story: She takes naps on the dining room table while the girls are doing their school work. It's super cute.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.