Pasta Week!

Last week, to liven things up from the boredom of making dinner every night, I declared it PASTA PALOOZA and challenged myself to prepare a brand-new pasta dish every night. 

The girls and I love pasta, so I wanted to find a new dish to add to my monthly repertoire. The rules were the dish needed to be new to us, incorporate veggies and from a cookbook I don't often cook from. 

It was a total success! We looked forward to the new meal every night and really liked each recipe, but one the most. 

Sweet Leek Carbonara (link to recipe

This was our favorite! It's from Jamie Oliver's VEG cookbook and has very few ingredients but came together really quickly. It's really silky and super savory. Who knew we'd love leeks so much?!  



Sunshine Fusilli Pasta 

There's no link for this recipe online, but it's from the same Jamie Oliver VEG cookbook, on Amazon. The pasta sauce is made from yellow peppers blended up with cheese and pistachios! We all really liked how creamy it was.  


Super Green Spaghetti (recipe link is here)

Then, from Jamie Oliver's 5 Ingredients cookbook (which I'd recommend, too), I found this super-green pasta made from kale. It could not have been easier to make -- with so few ingredients. I loved it the best, but the girls were not super fans. (Though, they did both have seconds!)  


Creamy Sweet Corn Pappardelle (recipe link here

Last, but not least, was this pappardelle recipe from Love and Lemons. This one BLEW ME AWAY because it's a vegan recipe but yet the pasta tasted so creamy and cheesy. The girls didn't believe me when I told them in was cheese-less. This one was a little complicated, but I loved the sweet corn and pasta combination. 


Overall, I can't wait to do this again. I loved using some of these lesser-cooked-from books and trying new things. Certainly shook up my grocery shopping and made me excited to cook each night. I think I even cleaned the kitchen after every meal! Plus, I posted everything on my InstaStories and it was fun to hear from people who wanted me to share the recipes. 

Also, pasta is just so good. 

Happy cooking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project