In Search Of ...

I love shopping but I really love shopping for solutions, don't you? I like finding the best deals for things that fit a specific purpose in my life. That answer a need. And there are a few things I'm still searching for ... 

A "Shopping" Winter Coat - I have winter coats but they're huge and super-warm, great for neighborhood walks but I sweat walking around Target. I don't need the layers when I'm just going from home to car to store. Here's the JCrew Factory coat I'm looking at. 


A Smaller Handsfree Purse -  I own a bunch of purses, most by the same designers: Orla Keily, Kate Spade and FEED, which I switch-out through the year based on: what my daily life looks like, what I need to haul, and what season it is. Mostly, my purses are on the large size, because I used to commute and needed extra supplies and I used to have small kids that I always needed snacks, etc. for. No more! I don't need all that room if, again, all I do is go from home to car to store. Phone, hand sanitizer, mask and wallet are really all I need now. 

This is the Kate Spade bag I bought, which is much smaller than anything I currently own: 


Next, The best WFH bra! It looks like we'll be working from home for the foreseeable future, so it's time to switch out my bras to reflect that. While I like a nice feminine outline, I don't want to sacrifice comfort when I don't see anyone outside my family. So I'm on the hunt with a few guidelines:

  • no undewire
  • no seams up the middle of the cup, they are irritating 
  • no removable foam cups (they get lost in the dryer or need adjusting or restoring)
  • soft, breathable fabric - no itchy lace   
  • not a sports bra with that uncomfortable all-day smoosh 
Hey, I hunted around and bought bras from: Aerie, Third Love, Lively and True & Co. So far, this is my ultimate FAVORITE from Lively. The fabric is soft and the straps are a little wide, so no digging into my shoulder. The foam pads are sewn in place, too. It's also made from recycled polyester. Not a bad price, either.  

The WFH uniform is an interesting dilemma altogether, but a post for another time. 

I'll keep you posted how all these solutions work out.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project