Skip to main content

Welcome to the Party

I watched Netflix's new series Bridgerton during my evening walks on the treadmill in the basement and whew! what a series! I was a very dedicated walker during the week I watched it. 

And it does fill me with a certain amount of glee when a romance novel goes mainstream. As a dedicated romance reader, and lover of historical romance, especially, I get excited to welcome new fans to the party! 

Because, yup, I totally read several of the books in the Bridgerton series. Julia Quinn isn't my favorite romance author, so I didn't finish it. But I'm really happy to watch the series, taken in a far more colorful and inventive direction -- with a queen! -- and see where it goes. 

If I remember right, Anthony's story was better than Daphne's, so we have much to look forward to! 

Interested in reading Regency/Victorian-era romance? Sarah MacLean and Lisa Kleypas are my all-time favorite authors in this genre. The Wallflowers and Ravanels' series are soo good. And Sarah's Bareknuckle Bastards is fantastic. 

I also watched the drama Virgin River streaming on NetFlix during my evening walks, in case you're looking for another fun romantic dramady. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.