Shopping for the Backyard

I don't remember us using the the backyard as much as we have in this house, so far this summer. Sure, it's mainly due to the pool, but it's still a good excuse to update what's there.

There is definite room for improvement. 

Number one on my list was adding chaise lounges next to the pool. BUT ... what is the DEAL with these chaise loungers being so dang expensive!? Who knew?! 

After months digging through shopping sites, I've just given up. I simply won't pay over $400 for one, let alone nearly $1000 for two. And not for something that will only last one season. I'll wait for the winter sales and it will be part of next year's upgrade to the deck.

In the meantime, I still need some pool-side seating, so I bought two club chairs (on super sale). When the kids are swimming, there's a comfy spot to the deck to hang out and watch.

Chairs from Overstock

Then, there's the dining set. Remember I was going to update that summer 2020 (plans here) ... but never got to it. Well, now is the time. 

I'm finally selling away the black iron set we got at Costco 14 years ago. It's not pretty, it's uncomfortable and heavy. Buh-bye. 

After some pondering over what we'll use, and some online digging, I decide on this pretty, teak table from Lowes.

Table from Loews

The table is not as big as I thought I always wanted, but ... we don't eat outside very often. If anything, so far entertaining this summer, we have apps or drinks out there and move inside for the meal. So I decided to keep it small and simple. It will be easier to care for and keep inside during the winter.

However, for the chairs I got WILD! French bistro chairs just seemed the way to go. They look like the chairs from Paris and deliver big style. I love Paris, so they're so on-brand for me. Right? 

I did some major searching and found this set on Amazon that had incredible reviews. 

French Bistro Chairs from Amazon

And at a great price. So excited for these to arrive. I wonder if we'll wander outside for more meals once there's a great space? 

The last thing I bought was this gorgeous Acacia bench from World Market. It was on MAJOR sale. 50% off with free shipping. I had to have it. 

Acacia Bench from World Market

I have a few ideas of where this will go outside, but to be honest, I might use it in our foyer. It's looks so MODERN and COLONIAL ... so, we'll decide when it gets here. It's lovely, right?! 

Obviously, photos will be coming once these things are arrived and set up for a photo session. Can't wait! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project