Green Be Gone in the Girls' Bathroom

I love painting rooms ... until I have to do a bathroom. Sure, it's usually less wall area to paint, but I'm not a fan of obstacles. And contorting around a toilet or over a shower isn't my idea of a good time. Suffice it to say, I've been avoiding painting the girls' green bathroom because of this.

Well, no more! 

I needed a WIN this weekend and knew that bathroom was just the thing to get my home-project-heart pumping again. 

Here's what we started with ... green and dirty walls, an old and ugly light fixtures and a mirror no one liked. 

By the end of the day, we had creamy (yup, Swiss Coffee by Behr) walls and two new scones not covered in dust and grime. 


I even hung some shelves, so they have more room to hang all their products (they love shopping at Ulta or Sephora). 

I just need to incorporate more hooks for towels and hang the new/old mirror. They're taking the Target mirror I got a few years ago that's currently hanging in my bedroom -- a bit of a mirror musical chairs going on.

The room is just much brighter and cheerier -- thanks to the lights and faces are no longer looking greenish in the mirror. 

Final photo of a hanging mirror coming soon.

Side note: They really want to exchange this vanity for a new one with double sinks. I get it. It would go faster in the am/pm if they didn't have to share a sink. But I really like the stone on this vanity and there's tons of storage, so it's not a priority. The shower, with very dated and ugly plastic tile, may get my attention first.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project