Isle of Pines in the Laundry Room

You know when there's a color you just want to TRY is some room? A hue seen on Pinterest so many times it just looks too good not to do. Well, I've always wanted a dark, energized green room. And I found the perfect place to try it.

Yup, the laundry room. Another house, another laundry room. This one is just as good as the last, and just as abused -- I've been jamming random stuff in all those cabinets for the last seven months with no rhyme or reason. 

Just as many good features as bad, too. I appreciate the white cabinets (that's a lot of storage) and sink for projects. We lock the dogs in here when we're out. But, I'm not a fan of the tight space, "vintage" washer/dryer and beige color. And the terracotta-ish tile floor was definetly slapped in here with missing grout.  


What's on tap for this room? Well, there's a HUGE organization project needed. And I already updated all the pulls from white plastic JUNK pulls to this fun, modern black pulls. They're a pop next to the white cabinets. 

And I did redid the storage closet, removing the wire shelves and adding three extra-large shelves for more storage. You can read more here


So, let's get to the color ... 


Sherwin Williams Isle of Pines -- it's the perfect dark kelly green that isn't too avocado-y or mossy, but not too florescent or minty. I'm loving it. 


The first coat made me REALLY nervous, as all dark colors can do. But the final result was GORGEOUS, darling. 

I'm so lucky to have these rooms I can try all the colors I've always wanted to see on walls. This color is just as good as I was hoping. It works well with the white cabinets and biscuit-color counters. Did you even have a doubt?

Not much left to do in here until we change out the washer/dryer or update the countertop -- both big-ticket items that will need to wait for budgeting. 

Now ... how about another moody blue color? I've got an idea .... 


Related links:

All the laundry room projects 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project