Finished the Basement Stairs

When last we discussed, the basement stairs needed some serious help. They were covered with a very old, dirty and smelly carpet. 

Here's what it looked like. BLAH. 


When we worked on the basement, renovating these stairs were on the original list but it got to be too expensive. And I knew I could do a passable job on a cheap DIY version that would get us through a few years. 

So I pulled up the dirty carpet, repairing the risers and trim. And added more trim to cover any gaps. And then painted the stairs a glossy white and installed a carpet runner I've had my eye on for years. 


I also painted the walls a deep navy to go with the runner color. The deep color looks especially good through the glass door leading to these stairs. 


Just a few things left to do on this project, but I already feel better about walking down to the basement. No longer thinking about all the dirt or smell that came off this carpet. And, really, it's the last really offensive thing in this house left by the pervious owners.

And this is my last big project before the kitchen renovation ... starting hopefully this week. 

Here we go! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project