My Audiobook Binge

 Gah! You know how people BINGE TV shows? No judgement, but they can sit through hours of the same show to see what comes next. We binged Schitt's Creek during quarantine, so I get it. 

Anyway, I came across this series of books by Penny Reid about the Winston Brothers (and one sister) and I BINGED the entire audiobook series. I. Couldn't. Stop. 

What did I love about them? 

First off, the male narrator had a very sexy southern accent. And the women also had a very pleasing southern accent so it was just a delight to listen to. The stories were heart-felt and tender. They're nice boys with great manners and depend on each other, which is so sweet.

Sure, each love story followed a similar plot line. And there was always something they were trying to be "manly" and protect their family/loves with. And there was always a scene or two where they reluctantly went to their brothers for obvious advice. And each family member and significant other had a well-drawn character, which I also enjoyed. "That's such a Cletus thing to say." "Of course Billy would do that." 

Anyway, HOURS of audiobook time binged during brainless tasks at work, cleaning the kitchen, laundry, walks with Bruce, etc. And after less than two weeks, I was out of books to listen to from this series. And TOTALLY satisfied. 

I recently found there are a TON of off-shoot stories written by other authors in and among the same world. But the few I listened to just weren't as good. One was especially terrible. So, I'm just going to leave it as is ... just a great, bingable audiobook series. 

The author, Penny Reid, however, has a TON of back catalog romances I've now become aware of and you can BET I am slowing enjoying each one. 

The best part of this 100 books in 2022 is getting exposed to all these new authors. I've got a stable of new favorites that I can't wait to keep up with in the future, too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project