Digging - The Netflix Edition

Thanks to some terrible weather and a nasty case of tonsillitis, I've been watching a lot more Netflix than usual. Especially during the day, a habit I usually try to avoid. Want to know what I've been binging? Here are my favorites:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - Set in 1958 New York City, the story is about Mrs. Maisel, a perfect upper east side wife whose husband leaves her. She ends up having a comedic breakdown on stage in the Village and her life goes careening down a completely new path. It was created by Amy Sherman-Palladino, the same as my beloved Gilmore Girls, so you know it's going to be quick-fire and hilarious. It's won a much-deserved Golden Globe. And the sets and costumes are sumptuous, they pull you right in.

Outlander - I got fortunate with this one. I missed the last two episodes of the newest season before we moved and I thought I was out of luck. But lo and behold, it's available on Netflix so I got to catch up and be ready for the next season. And I may have skipped around to some of my past favorite episodes. Teehee!

Anne With an E
Anne with an E - A Canadian series based on Anne of Green Gables, which I've read several times. This one takes a few liberties with the story, but it maintains all the optimism and charm as the novels. And the actress who plays Anne is utter perfection -- carrot hair and all! I hope more are released in the future. This Gilbert looks promising.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - I was happy to find there was a season we hadn't yet watched of this really loopy show.

The Good Place - This series, about a really messed-up version of the afterlife, is something Dave and I watched only now and than. I really enjoy the characters (what a talented ensemble!) and the funny situations they find themselves in. "What the fork!" And Maya Rudolph comes in at the end of the newest season and steals the show.

Gilmore Girls - This show should be on all the lists. Always. And because I've seen this series so many times, I like to fast-forward over the slow parts, to get to my favorite scenes. And yes, I still yell at Rory for being so innocent and dense. But ... Team Jess 4-ever.

OK .. enough with TV! My fever is gone and the snow has melted, so I'm off exploring the streets of Paris.



Related posts:
Other things I was digging
Read more Pop Culture posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project