First Away Game

We had our first away game for Leah's travel soccer team. We were really excited about seeing a new field and "driving far" to the game.

The head coach had to run to another game, so I was left in charge for most of the match. No problem, of course, and we won!

Although I don't mind playing head coach, it IS more fun to be the assistant coach at a game. I can sit with the players and point out strategy and ideas instead of managing the field. And this group of girls are just awesome.

Also, having played soccer all through my youth, there's something that hits me at my core when stepping on a new field on a sunny weekend morning. A feeling like familiarity, belonging ... or home. Don't you love September?!

Happy soccer mom!


That's My Girl!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project