Skip to main content

What I'm Diggin' in July 2015

Just a few things on my mind this month ...

Poldark on PBS -- I know I'm a total sucker for period romances on PBS so big surprise that I would be in love with this latest miniseries about a man back from fighting the colonists to find his estate is now worthless and his girlfriend is marrying another man -- his cousin!
How Does One Get this Job?????
And if this yummy picture doesn't seal the deal, I'm not sure what will.


Little Chocolate Heaven
on a Cracker
Dark Chocolate Mini Graham Crackers - I bought these delicious treats on a recent lunch expedition to Whole Foods, while craving a sweet, after-lunch dessert. I powered through my kale salad and ate way too many of these while working through my email inbox. Eating heavenly dark chocolate treats while distracted is not a good business. But they were SO GOOD. Worth the stomachache.

I even shared them with coworkers.

Shadow Scales audiobook - I was already warned this followup to Seraphina (about a half-girl, half dragon seeking out the rest of her kind) lacked all the romance from the first, but I fell for it anyway, mostly because the narrator is just SO good. There's nothing better than a good audiobook to make that commute to work go by. And this one is great, despite serious lack of kissing scenes. (Oh Lucien Kiggs!)

Cara Delevingne - She's been all over doing press for Paper Towns and she's absolutely awesome in that I-can't-look-away sort of person. It's been a while since I've had such a big girl crush. (BTW - Dave just finished the book and we both think they'll change the ending for the movie. There, I said it.)





Related links:
Having fun? Read more Digging posts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Room: The Accent Wall

Wall: Before Ever since I started to think about decorating this house -- way back in October -- I knew I wanted to do a dramatic accent wall in the family room. The room is huge with two-story ceilings. There are six windows on one wall and four more flanking the fireplace -- so this room could definitely handle a dark, rich color. A few design magazine, sites and HGTV shows later, navy blue stuck in my head. Like one design show I watch advocates, look to the clothes you wear often to help decide color -- which for me and Dave is denim. And we both have soft navy sweatshirts that are common weekend wear. Navy it was -- decided in December. So, each night since we moved in while watching TV I'd stare at the beige wall, that is slightly inset, and imagine it was navy blue. And I'd itch and wish to paint it. Now, with the new media cabinet arriving on Friday, it's finally time! Once we moved out the furniture pieces we no longer will need, we reoriented everything ...

Top 5 Spots in Tenerife: La Ortava and Hotel Mencey

3. La Ortava A charming old town in the valley above Puerto de la Cruz. In my memory, it was green and lush, but in reality it's a small village populated by ancient buildings and nice locals. The Casa de los Balcones is a popular tourist spot to pick up local lace and your own little balcony. We walked up and down the hilly streets, and discovered two stunning public gardens and a nice coffee shop. We also watched fancy-dressed wedding guests entering an old church. The bride, I'm sorry to report, was very, very late. View Down a Twisty Street in La Ortava The Famous Tourist Trap - Casa de los Balcones  Jardin Victoria With Quite a View! 4. Hotel Mencey and Parque Garcia Sanabria In Santa Cruz, the small city we used as home base, we stretched our budget a little to stay at the historic Hotel Mencey. It was a comfortable, well-maintained hotel in a great location. I love a hotel will a lot of common spaces to relax in, and this one had a bunch, all with beaut...

Thinking Spring...

Thinking Spring ... and testing out this new collage photo editor . These are from last Spring. I was taking pictures of where the daffodils were coming up (for next Spring) when this cherubic creature stepped into the garden.