Steampunk Romance? Who knew!?

If your not aware Steampunk is a genre of book that takes the Victorian age and adds steam powered machines and ... hmmm... that definition isn't right, let me pull from Wikipedia:
Steampunk refers to a subgenre of science fiction and sometimes fantasy that incorporates technology and aesthetic designs inspired by 19th-century industrial steam-powered machinery.
I've read a bunch of these novels and there are usually filled with action/adventure, historical events slightly-altered and imaginatively cool machines. Philip Reeve has written a lot in this genre, including the books that pulled me in: the Fever Crumb series. (Don't get me started on how hard I fell for Fever.)


Another series to check out is Leviathan by Scott Westerfield. It's nonstop action, with sprinkle of a young romance. And my favorite word, perspicacious, was used often in this series. The term "boffins" comes in close second.


And I am waiting on the third audiobook from the Finishing School series by Gail Carriger to get to my library so I can keep up with the adventures of Sophronia in a steampunk world that includes vampires and werewolves and excellent manners.



Oh wait, two more: Kenneth Oppel's Airborne series is high-flying fun and Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles books adds a fairytale retelling element into steampunk. My library carries these audiobooks and I snap them up with new books are released.

You get the idea .... this is a really fun sub-genre of books.

So, imagine my glee when I stumbled upon a series of steampunk romance novels last week! The Iron Seas series (do not let the dorky book cover throw you) has all the adventure and cool machines that I love about steampunk, PLUS a good dose of steamy romance. Yippee for finding new things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project