My Next Trip Around the Sun

Lately I'm enthralled by the fact that one year is equal to one trip around the sun.

The more I think about it, the more it makes time into a physical thing instead of something so ephemeral. Like we're going somewhere (traveling!) without giving it any thought. Even to just end up in roughly the same place as we started. But if the earth was a car, we could look out the window at the passing galaxies and cosmic landmarks, and see the same sights each year. Maybe we do and don't even realize this. (Now that I think of it, I'm sure astrologers and cosmologists definitely do.)

This is all to say ... it's my birthday and my 42nd trip around the sun. And I tend to like even years over odd ones. And I have a lot of big things planned this year (the goals planning is going splendidly). And to be spending it in Paris, in our apartment, feels surreal. And it's even been sunny today with only a small chance of rain.

And I went to a Mary Cassatt exhibit and walked around a new-to-me neighborhood. And got a ham & cheese baguette for lunch. It's been a good day.



Related posts:
Birthdays are special!
This is 40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The $80 Kitchen Pantry Update

Family Calendar Improvement

Basement Shiplap Project